Saturday, December 27, 2008

In retrospect . . .

I guess I've learned a lesson. The pierogi idea was not so good. Well, yes, it did save me a few pounds, I guess.
On the other hand -- the pierogi from the store were -- good, yes, but -- not like the ones I make. Just different. Except I bought sauerkraut ones, too, and they left a LOT to be desired. Next year. . .
We had a lovely Christmas dinner with friends. We went to their home where we were treated to roast turkey and all the excellent stuff that goes with. The house elf's cheesecake made the trip as well. Somehow two pieces came back home with us along with scads of yummy leftovers that turned into our dinner the next night.
All told, it was a lovely holiday.
My favorite gift -- the house elf gave me a disco ball! OK, a mirror ball to some people -- it's excellent! An eight-inch ball covered with mirror tiles. It mounts on a base that can either sit or be hung, and it rotates. Additionally there is a pin spot that comes with four different color filters. It can likewise sit or be hung. My inner magpie is thrilled. Combined with our rotating christmas tree stand, it's about all I can take!

No comments: