Monday, December 22, 2008

What WAS I Thinking???

EEeeee!!! The bronchitis mess I had must have affected me more than I thought. It left me delusional or something!
Yes, the pierogi genes have kicked in, but NO, we are NOT MAKING them this year. In fact, today I went to Kielbasa!, a local Euro-Deli specializing in Polish food, and bought some. Only a few to have for Christmas Eve, and I'll be over it.
You see, there is no such thing as making only a few pierogi. Freeze some? Yes, I usually do, BUT. . . !
I heard an interesting comment on TV this morning about gaining weight over the holiday season. It seems most all of us do. But statistics show (don't you hate those darned statistics?) that overweight people gain more than 'normal' weight people. Go figure.
So hey, I know I'll gain some, but I really don't need to make stuff that will pack on more poundage. And I won't have to hear little pierogi voices calling out to be eaten.
No, I'm not going off the deep end. I don't intend to deprive myself this holiday season -- I don't want to be depressed! -- but will try to enjoy myself sensibly.
And The House Elf was mumbling something about a Bailey's cheesecake. . . .EEeeee!!!

2 comments:

Bereni (BEAR-wren-knee) said...

Merry Christmas guys! I want some of your pierogies!! How can you not make them? At least send recipe...weep weep, please? They are soooo good!

Knatly said...

. . . and I thought I wouldn't hear little pierogi voices calling out. . .