Sunday, February 1, 2009

Superbowl Sunday

Cats sunning in the garden window. That about sums up my accomplishments for today. We had friends over to watch the game, and aside from a bit of last-minute prep and straightening up, I mostly sat on my [chair] most of the day watching TV.
I did have one ambitious streak; I decided it was high time that I backed up my photo library to CDs before tragedy and an aging computer take control. I'd not backed up any of my pix except our trip to Scotland in 2005. Would you believe FIVE CDs of pictures??? I've got a 2GB card in my camera and recently had to erase that because it was full, so I guess it's not that surprising after all.
Yesterday I downloaded Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 as part of my latest (here we go again!) ADDventure. I'm fascinated by digital imaging and the computer manipulation of images. I picked up a magazine on the subject and decided to give it a try. The Adobe was cheap because it's "old" technology, and even if my experimenting is a failure, the program is an outstanding photo editing tool. The learning curve might be a bit steep, but lots of tutorials are available free or at very reasonable cost online. Sufficient time is the only thing I lack. I've not done any beading or jewelry lately, I have at least seven knitting projects on the needles, and I probably have enough fiber and fleece to bury my spinning wheel. Oh, and there's the sheep to shawl project that the spinning guild is doing and the 1860s costume that I need to come up with and the. . . . . Digital Art? Sure, no problem!
Oh, I did finish my squiggly scarf and wore it to work Friday. I have a photo of me with it wrapped round my head. It looks eerily like a fat and aging Baby Snooks. You will NOT see that photo here. Or it will be altered beyond recognition!
We all enjoyed the game tonight -- and several of the commercials (isn't that what the Superbowl is about?). Good food, as usual, was in abundance, and we ate 'til our tummies were hard and shiny. I'm not sure of the punctuation in that last sentence, but I had lots to eat and now it's time for bed.

No comments: