Thursday, June 12, 2008

S. S. S.

Well, then.

As I've suggested in the previous post, I am now knitting a third pair of socks. Yes, third, and yes, PAIR. The common sense and good advice of my SnB buddies has prevailed. I am now immune to SSS, the dreaded Second Sock Syndrome. Yeah, you guessed it -- I'm knitting two at the same time. And magic looping on 1 circular needle.

Now I have conjoined socks.

Or would that be sock? Imagine my surprise when I looked for the yarn to change and discovered I had been knitting with it. Tink.

I had this sock yarn in my stash from several years ago. It's Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in the Rainbow colorway. A bit bright perhaps. I chose the Jaywalker pattern (from Grumperina). I thought the zigzag look would go well with the rainbow striping. So far I like it.

These are also the first time I've tried top down. Somehow toe ups are safer feeling; knit until you run out of yarn, then stop. Top down leaves me wondering if I'll have enough yarn to cover my fat legs and feet. I guess I can always make the toes purple or something.

Now I have to figure out what pattern for the Trekking I bought. Pomattomus? Monkeys? Widdershins? Probably one of the three. But I got a sock book from the Library, too. Let's see, I think I have some more sock yarn stashed somewhere. . .

HELP!!! I may be addicted!

4 comments:

Bereni (BEAR-wren-knee) said...

I vote for monkeys!

Anonymous said...

She will always vote for the monkeys !!!!!
just pick the one the cats put teeth marks in the pattern first!!
hehehehehhehehehehehhehhehehehehe

Bereni (BEAR-wren-knee) said...

I know who you are anonymous! Hee hee hee hee hee hee! Hah!

Jenny Raye said...

May be addicted????? Muhwahhhhh! Welcome to the Dark Side!