Sunday, June 8, 2008

More Socks????

My sock knitting history is long, but brief. Huh? Long because I started knitting socks about 10 years ago. Brief because in those 10 years, I have managed to make two pairs of socks. Yep, 2 pairs. The first pair took six years. They are stuffed away in my knitting somewhere. They ended up being two different sizes; my knitting tension changed over the years. Imagine that! Then I wore them twice and ended up with a big hole in the heel of one. I'm very hard on sock heels plus the socks were knitted of sportweight wool on size 6 needles! Well, that's what the woman at the store said would be a good choice. What did I know??


So, a few years went by, and I was caught up in the craze of self-striping sock yarn. Got two different colorways from Knit Picks (both have since been discontinued), and put them away for safekeeping. No such thing as too much stash!


Eventually I forgot about the tension issues and the heel hole and just over a year ago I started a pair. Got the first one done quite quickly, and was pleased with it. Began the second one and got halfway through turning the heel. . . . . and picked it up eleven months later. It finished up in short order, and two weeks ago I had my second pair of socks!Luckily they ended up the same size, and through a bit of planning they are symmetrically striped. Nonetheless, I publicly swore off socks. It's clear I am a victim of SSS (second sock syndrome).
The cat butt belongs to Ms. Pixel. Her more attractive side will premiere at a later date.
The clothes dryer just finished. That means I have clean underwear for work tomorrow. It's late and now I'm going to bed as soon as I plug in the iPod to charge.
Now I'm aware the title of this post is More Socks. The explanation of that is yet to come. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Bereni (BEAR-wren-knee) said...

I don't think any comment could rival the one already displayed by Ms. Pixel! The catbutt is priceless! Am I to assume that you have cast on for...ahem...more socks?????!

MaryAnne said...

The cat butt is *definitely* a nice touch! ;-) LOL Hey, welcome to the sock knitting addiction!

Jenny Raye said...

First thing I noticed was 'cat butt'! Welcome to the blogging world!